Omega Morgan’s approach to specialized heavy transportation services for heavy hauling and heavy rigging is more strategic than the rest. We take the time to fully understand our customers’ needs and design project-specific solutions that not only get the job done safely and well, but also avoid adding extra time or costs to projects.
Instead of expecting customers to design their projects around the equipment we have, we formulate transportation solutions that address their projects’ complications. We can be flexible because our equipment is modular and our engineering and field operations teams possess the depth of experience and expertise necessary to invent creative solutions for a wide variety of situations that specialized heavy transportation services can solve.
Progress never stops, even if we don’t have a specific piece of equipment. We simply envision and devise new workable solutions to meet every transportation challenge.
Specialized HEAVY Transportation Services
Our team creates specialized heavy transportation plans and develops innovative solutions for complex projects that involve moving super loads and high-end, oversized equipment.
For example, we proved our ability to transport over-dimensional loads without causing any environmental impact when we created a new high-wide route through Oregon and Idaho in a specialized heavy transportation services project.
During the project planning phase, we check the legal parameters for load dimensions and weight set by each state in which the load will travel and coordinate meeting any necessary permit and escort requirements.
Whether we’re transporting oversized loads across town or across the country, our engineers and specialized heavy transportation services teams also deliver optimal results in cost and time savings. Our comprehensive project planning offerings include services such as:
- Engineered Transportation Plans – Specialized planning to help you navigate the entire journey safely and efficiently.
- Route Surveys and Feasibility Studies – Evaluate the feasibility of shipping various configurations of equipment to determine the optimal size to build your pieces and best route to accommodate them.
- Dedicated Project Management – You get a dedicated project management team for every project to ensure we flawless execute every plan.
- Project Cargo Logistics – Coordinated cargo movement from a single company.
- Barge Service Logistics – Detailed operations plans for barge service projects.
- Engineered Sea Fastening and Ballast Plans – Evaluate and design solutions for logistical challenges in marine transportation.
Heavy Lift & Heavy Rigging
Whether we’re completing single lifts or multiple complex lifts, our team relishes opportunities to devise new solutions others have yet to consider.
Because of their nature, heavy lift jobs automatically involve high risks. Yet, our top-notch engineering and experienced operations crew makes completing heavy lift jobs look easy.
In fact, a client once called our execution of a skid job of a three million pound culvert “actually quite boring.” The project had been widely anticipated, making many people in several companies extremely nervous. But with the stellar execution between our engineering and operations teams, the project’s execution flowed so well that it appeared boring.
Our team provides solutions for any heavy lift or heavy rigging need including:
- “ABC” Accelerated Bridge Construction projects.
- We have the right equipment to move a bridge in a single day.
Our engineers and operations crew devise and execute plans that work with our extensive inventory of heavy lift equipment including:
- Barge services.
- As part of our turnkey service, we supply easy access to barges and the ability to incorporate ballast, stow and seafastening plans into a project.
- Skid gear for linear moves of heavy objects. Adding multiple skid shoes and jacks increases the system’s capacity as needed.
- Equipment includes: Ekki (special hardwood), skid tracks, skid shoes, 150-ton jacks, and specially designed hydraulic power packs.
- Self-Propelled Modular Trailers (SPMTs) for linear and non-linear moves over limited distances.
- Trailers come in 4, 6 or 8 lines per trailer. Adding more lines increases the system’s capacity as needed, which makes the system ideal for lifting large objects.
- Trailers can spin on a dime, and move in any direction.
- Hydraulic dollies, good for spreading loads over wide areas.
- Hydraulic gantries for lifting heavy objects from the top. Gantries have a small footprint with a large lifting capacity.
- Gantries come in 250 ton, 440 ton, and 550 ton capacities.
- Hydraulic jacks are available in various capacities. Self-climbing jacks are efficient and flexible.
- Synchronous jacking systems. These control the stroke of each jack so that a load can be lifting evenly even though the load on each jack may vary.
Heavy Haul Trucking
Omega Morgan’s approach to heavy haul trucking is more versatile than others. We are your strategic partner from the start, performing route surveys to detect potential road hazards, eliminate delays, and determine the safest, most efficient way to transport oversized loads.
Our dedicated team of experienced professionals and variety of heavy haul trucking equipment provides us with the necessary tools to successfully transport almost any type over-dimensional, oversized load and/or overweight freight.
We’ve customized solutions for unique challenges in a wide variety of heavy haul transportation projects. Our most common projects involve transportation of:
- Air Exchangers
- All Yellow Iron
- Bridge Beams
- Concrete Precasts
- Construction Tractors
- Control Buildings
- Cooling Towers
- Dehydration Equipment
- Hydraulic Gantry
- Injection Mold Machines
- Manufactured Homes
- Mining Equipment
- Stamping Presses
- Steel Drums
- Wind Energy Equipment
Over-dimensional transport, oversized loads, and/or overweight freight require specialized hauling trailers that can support and secure loads. Many decades of industry experience has taught us that every haul is different, which is why our trailers can be configured to meet the exact needs of our customers’ loads.
We are able to meet any project need with an extensive fleet of trailers that includes:
- Drop Decks
- Removable Gooseneck Lowboys (RGNs)
- Perimeter Deck Trailers
- Multi-Axle Lowboys
- Steerable Dolly Systems
- Low Profile Dolly Systems
- Bunk & Dolly Systems
- 9-13 Axle Configurations
- Dual Lane
- Hydraulic Platform Trailers
- Suspension Girder System
Teamwork: The Key to Your Success
We invest in highly skilled engineers with the experience and ingenuity to analyze the details of every specialized heavy transportation services project, and design plans to safely meet every lifting, rigging, logistic, and transportation challenge. We are committed to maintaining the safest, most up-to-date heavy rigging hardware and transportation equipment as part of our full-service solution offerings.
Our customers trust our highly trained teams to move almost anything, helping us earn our reputation for reliability under the most challenging conditions as Omega Morgan continues “Doing the Impossible. Daily.”