Tower Crane Services Case Study
- 485 Ton Liebherr LTM 1400-7.1 Crane with 132K lbs. of counterweight
- 118’ Main Boom
- 138’ Luffing Jib
- 60-Ton Boom Truck (assist crane)
Right after our crane division launched, one of Omega Morgan’s first tower crane projects came from a brand new customer.
Our new client relied on our team to provide tower crane services at the University of Washington. The job was to safely set up and erect an ECHO 550 Morrow tower crane with 260 feet of jib on the university’s campus.
Challenges in the New Field of Tower Crane Services
Making a solid impression counted in more ways than one. Of course, our on-site team members and everyone in our home office wanted to impress this new client, whom we hoped to continue working with in the future.
But more was at stake. We needed to provide top-notch tower crane services to this client if we ever hoped to not only succeed, but truly flourish long term in the crane erection services industry.
The Heat is On – And Plentiful Resources and Experience Wins the Day
Drawing on deep wells of education and experience, the Omega Morgan tower crane services division brought an abundance of strengths, skills and abilities to plan, execute, and manage the project to completion.
We also possessed the right resources to get the job done quickly and efficiently. As with the majority of our services, our substantial inventory of large-scale equipment proved critical for success. Our team depended on the following equipment for assistance with this tower crane erection project:
- Liebherr LTM-1400 mobile crane with 132,000 pounds of counterweight, a 118-foot main boom, and a 138-foot luffing jib
- The Liebherr LTM-1400 is a compact crane that provides exceptional maneuverability in areas with limited space available for movement.
- 60-ton Boom Truck
- You wouldn’t expect it from a machine with a 60-ton lift capacity, but precision and speed are the top reasons to choose this type of boom truck. It easily travels at highway speeds, getting our crew on site quickly. It can also lift and place loads with reliable accuracy.
A Successful Tower Crane Service Project Was Just the Beginning
The job to set up and erect the ECHO 550 Morrow tower crane with 260 feet of jib on the University of Washington campus was a success.
With a height under hook of 200 feet, a picking radius of 100 feet, and the largest piece picked weighing 37,000 pounds, it was safe to say our new crane team left a lasting impression on a first-time customer.
Not only did our dedication to hard work get us in the door with a new customer, we also made a solid impact through excellent service. Our teamwork and speedy completion of this job announced to the world that Omega Morgan’s new crane division was here to stay, presenting serious competition in the field of tower crane services.