Rigger W/ CDL
Hillsboro, OR, USA
The Rigger W/CDL position completes a variety of level rigging skills, operates tractor-trailers and other equipment, supports operations by moving objects, installing, and dismantling equipment, and obtains the necessary skills of the position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/ OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED…
- Assists in yard
- Aligns levels and anchors machinery.
- Attaches loads to rigging to provide support or prepare them for moving by using hand and power tools.
- Riggers with CDL: Conducts pre and post-trips and drives tractors and trailers in compliance with federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations.
- Obtains necessary training and safety certifications to complete tasks.
- Attends rigging class as required.
- Works closely with the Foreman and crews to learn the process of moving machinery and items of size and weight.
- Attach pulleys and blocks to fixed overhead structures such as beams, ceilings, and gin pole booms, using bolts and clamps.
- Control movement of heavy equipment through narrow openings or confined spaces, using chain falls, gin poles, gallows frames, and other equipment.
- Manipulates rigging lines, hoists, and pulling gear to move or support materials such as heavy equipment.
- Obtains knowledge of equipment uses and follows procedures (IE procedure for equipment placement on trailers for loading and off-loading; equipment tie-down procedures
- Learns and understand tools required for the job and the purpose of the tools.
- Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with coworkers and including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- Works out of town, on weekends, and works overtime as needed.
- Keeps a flexible schedule and is able to travel (up to 50% of the time).
- Maintains punctual, regular, and predictable attendance.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Signals or verbally directs workers engaged in hoisting and moving loads, in order to ensure safety.
- Reads and creates drawings and lifting plans.
- Completed necessary paperwork on a daily basis.
- Uses basic and advanced rigging techniques.
- Dismantles and stores rigging equipment after use.
- When released by the foreman or at the end of the day, checks with Dispatch for more duties.
- Uses job-appropriate PPE.
- Works onsite at customer locations, as needed
- Respectfully takes direction from supervisor.
- Performs all duties to the best of their ability, faithfully, intellectually, safely in the best interest of the company.
- Holds a Valid CDL.
- Current DOT Medical Card.
- Familiarity with DOT Federal and State regulations.
- Ability to tie equipment down per the DOT requirements.
- Clean MVR