Full Time, Exempt
Hillsboro, OR, USA
The Assistant Dispatcher will coordinate and organize, in cooperation with all other company locations, the movement of all company assets to meet customer needs. The position will handle the inbound/outbound transportation of crews and equipment; coordinate trucks for daily deliveries, pick-ups, and activities; inspect timecards for accuracy and enter time into computer system; manage company drivers and fleet of 10-20 tractors/trailers.
- Plan, organize, and schedule all daily activities for crews and equipment.
- Work in cooperation with Operations leadership to evaluate efficiency of operational decisions and drive continuous improvement efforts.
- Effectively communicate with field crews on a continual basis.
- Manage constantly changing needs of crews in the field and ensure their time is optimized each and every day.
Primary Responsibilities and Job Functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plan crews and equipment accordingly per jobs, requests, and availability.
- Facilitate day to day work load with sales staff.
- Communicate with crews and drivers throughout the day and tracking crews and drivers to make the most efficient use of time and locations.
- Work with shop on equipment downtime and service schedules.
- Coordinating with the warehouse administrator for offloads/load-outs, and storage needs.
- Working with yard Superintendent/Foreman for pre-planning & loading of crews & equipment for future work.
- Work with software based scheduler to input crews & equipment into computer tracking system.
- Planning/tracking of vacations and off time for field personnel.
- Audit and enter timesheets and other required paperwork for completeness and accuracy.
- Facilitate emails and phone calls in dispatch.
- Assist with permits as required for overweight and/or over dimensional loads.
- High school diploma or Equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred; previous dispatch experience a plus
- Available to work 40+ hours per week
- Proficient with computers, including Microsoft Office products