Heavy Haul Driver
Full Time, Non-Exempt
Hillsboro, OR, USA
The Heavy haul driver will operate the multi-axle and combination trailers and heavy spec trucks as directed by dispatch, also they will be required to load, unload, tie-down all required freight as needed, read permits and understand over-dimensional laws and routes.
- Plan, organize all loads and trips to maximize time and resources.
- Work in cooperation with Operations and dispatch a team to ensure customer satisfaction each and every time.
- Effectively communicate with dispatch on a regular basis.
- Manage risk and liability from the field and communicate any issues back to the operations team.
- Drives up to ten hours a day, in compliance with all federal, state and local laws, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains vehicles and equipment and reports on the machinery.
- Conducts pre and post-trip checks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Well-versed in rigging but still willing to learn things not in expertise. Secures cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, chains, binders, or other equipment.
- Clean yard, pick up equipment/tools without being told by dispatch or Senior Mgmt.
- Maneuvers truck into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment, are properly positioned.
- Interacts with customers in a pleasant and friendly manner.
- Responds to customer complaints and issues in a calm and professional manner.
- Abides by all DOT regulations, including hours of service.
- Able to operate heavy oversized loads safely through various types of terrain.
- Must look at every job to Maximize profit yet minimize risk simultaneously.
- Know and enforce the safety policy and set an example at all times.
- Accurately documents all mileage and service hours in a driver’s daily log.
- Ensure cleanliness by inspecting prior to loading and once unloaded.
- Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Adhere to all company policies.
- Mentor other drivers.
- 3 Years of prior Heavy haul experience required.
- A valid Class A CDL.
- Current DOT Medical Card.
- LCV card, doubles, and triples endorsement.
- Familiarity with DOT Federal and State regulations on oversize transportation.
- Ability to read and process permits and paperwork.
- Able to tie equipment down per the DOT requirements.
- Available to work 40 hours a week with overtime and travel when necessary.
- Prompt and reliable with excellent organization skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks and anticipate issues that need attention.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and follow up with little direction.
- Must be able to travel 50% of the time, for up to five months at a time.
Interested? Feel free to fill out the application below.