Hillsboro, OR USA
Omega Morgan is a 30-year-old specialized moving company with offices in Portland, Seattle, and Calgary. We provide innovative solutions for the complex moving, rigging, and transportation challenges faced by manufacturers, contractors, and logistics providers. Specialties include Heavy Rigging & Transportation, Machinery Moving, Millwright and Industrial Services, and Crane Service.
We are seeking a Staff Accountant at our Hillsboro, OR location.
As our Staff Accountant, you will work with our Finance Team and other key teams to ensure our monthly close process is quick, efficient, and accurate. From financial reporting and process improvement, you will engage with key stakeholders across our organization and have an opportunity to wow them with your unwavering commitment to value-added results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the month-end close process in accordance with close deadlines.
- Prepare and/or review journal entries, account reconciliations, and supporting schedules.
- Collaborate with finance to understand and communicate budget-to-actual variances.
- Work directly with external auditors & tax consultants.
- Assist with cash management and treasury.
- Assist with preparation of WIP schedule.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to continually streamline processes with the expectation of shortening the close process.
- Ensure an effective internal financial control environment is maintained.
- Perform GAAP research and prepare accounting memorandums.
- Assist the Controller with a variety of tax and compliance initiatives.
Required Experience and/or Education…
- BS or BA degree in Accounting required.
- Accountant with 2-3 years of total experience. Audit experience at a Big 4 or Regional accounting firm a plus.
- Extremely strong account reconciliation skills using Excel.
- Experience with large ERP systems, (SAP a plus).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment..