Hillsboro, OR, US
As our Senior Accountant, you will work with our Finance Team and other key teams to ensure our monthly close process is quick, efficient and accurate. From financial reporting and process improvement, you will engage with key stakeholders across our organization, and have an opportunity to wow them with your unwavering commitment to value added results.
- Assist with the month-end close process in accordance with close deadlines.
- Prepare and/or review journal entries, account reconciliations and supporting schedules.
- Collaborate with finance to understand and communicate budget-to-actual variances.
- Work directly with external auditors & tax consultants.
- Assist with cash management.
- Assist with preparation of WIP schedule.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to continually streamline processes with the expectation of shortening the close process.
- Ensure an effective internal financial control environment is maintained.
- Perform GAAP research and prepare accounting memorandums.
- Assist the team with a variety of tax and compliance initiatives.
- BS Accounting degree
- 3+ years accounting experience
- CPA preferred
- Extremely strong account reconciliation skills using Excel
- Experience with large ERP systems, (SAP a plus).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Audit experience at a Big 4 or Regional accounting firm a plus
- Experience with Percentage of Completion accounting a huge plus