Hillsboro, OR, US
Omega Morgan expects our employees to embrace a Safety Culture which exhibits safety as a Core Value, ultimately reducing incidents, injuries, and accidents. We are looking for a Safety Training Specialist who is safe, creative, motivated and a self-starter to join the Omega Morgan safety team.
As a Safety Training Specialist, you will be providing safety training, through practical and online teaching, to satisfy OSHA required training. Safety training will include development, presentation, practical, coaching & mentoring employees in accordance with Federal, State, and Local regulations. This position will require specific knowledge of OSHA and MSHA, as it applies to machinery moving, industrial & mechanical services, rigging, and cranes.
The Ideal Candidate: Will be a proven self-starter and a proven leader, with a strong commitment and technical abilities to create effective safety training programs. The individual will possess a personal management style that is flexible, collaborative and works well with a broad range of contacts. Strong written and verbal communication skills and the knowledge and technical abilities necessary to develop, deliver, and coordinate companywide safety training are required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are considered essential for this job classification:
- Develop, implement, and coordinate company-wide safety training;
- Perform job site safety inspections and make recommendations to management to minimize risk;
- Advise staff, keep records and prepare reports as necessary to ensure compliance with applicable regulations;
- Assist in the development of safety goals, objectives, policies, and priorities of the Department and brief management on objectives;
- Confer with professional trainers regarding training and safety issues;
- Review and track safety training and prepare reports;
- Serve as an information resource and advisor to the Omega Morgan staff;
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- And other duties as determined by the Safety Director.
Required Experience and/or Education…
- Possess strong leadership abilities.
- 3-5 years of related and/or management experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office computer skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in multi-tasked environment.
- Excellent judgment, reasoning, and problem resolution skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work.
The work of this classification is performed both indoors in an office or classroom environment and outdoors in a variety of weather conditions, including inclement weather. Incumbents may travel regularly to various worksite locations, which may involve walking over rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces in addition to standing and sitting for long periods of time with the ability to move at will. Operating and training staff on various types of machinery and equipment, ranging from respiratory protection, and forklifts, MEWP’s, trucks, other lifting equipment requires the ability sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, lift arms above shoulder level, and use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this classification include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Incumbents communicate with others face-to-face, by telephone, and in group settings when responding to questions, providing training or making formal presentations and will be expected to read, comprehend, and draws inferences from written material. This position will utilize a computer to produce written documents, which requires continuous or repetitive arm/hand movements. Moving training materials requires the ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds short distances.