Hillsboro, OR USA
This is a new position in our Industrial Services Department. The successful candidate will help the operations manager and Safety Director stay compliant with our safety needs by doing a variety of things; attending pre-job walks, assisting in the creation of JHA and PTP, and helping create written fall protection plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with safety managers and operations personnel to ensures employees are notified of their ongoing training needs
- Availability to work a minimum of 50 hours a week
- Available to spend 50-75% of the time in the field on job sites assisting the project manager and site superintendent
- Attending pre-job walks
- Assisting in the creation of JHA, and PTP, Safe work permits, Written Fall Protection Plans, Confined space entry documents, and HazMat mitigation
- Must be knowledgeable with OSHA requirements, ANSI PPE ratings, ability to become fluent with MSHA regulations
- Maintain a tracking system for all required deliverables.
- Ability to respond to scheduled and emergency callout work
- Ensure all incidents, accidents and injuries are added to the incident management database
- Schedule and attend (if possible) incident reviews and take minutes/; add information from the incident form to data tracker and follow-up with action items until closure
- Coordinate ordering and managing Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) with Safety Director
- Assist with Safety Orientation/Onboarding new employees
- Physically able to climb to elevated platforms, stoop and crawl into confined spaces and work in heavy industrial situations.
Required Experience and/or Education…
- High School Diploma or G.E.D
- 5 Year’s in an administrator role
- 2 Year’s in safety