Hillsboro, OR, US
The Rigger position completes a variety of level rigging skills, operates tractor trailers and other equipment, supports operations by moving objects, installing and dismantling equipment, and obtains the necessary skills of the position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/ other duties as assigned…
- Assists in yard
- Aligns levels and anchors machinery.
- Attaches loads to rigging to provide support or prepare them for moving by using hand and power tools.
- Riggers with CDL: Conducts pre and post trips and drives tractors and trailers in compliance with federal, state and local laws, rules, and regulations.
- Obtains necessary training and safety certifications to complete tasks.
- Attends rigging class as required.
- Works closely with the Foreman and crews to learn the process of moving machinery and items of size and weight.
- Attach pulleys and blocks to fixed overhead structures such as beams, ceilings, and gin pole booms, using bolts and clamps.
- Control movement of heavy equipment through narrow openings or confined spaces, using chain falls, gin poles, gallows frames, and other equipment.
- Manipulates rigging lines, hoists and pulling gear to move or support materials such as heavy equipment.
- Obtains knowledge of equipment uses and follows procedures (IE procedure for equipment placement on trailers for loading and off-loading; equipment tie down procedures
- Learns and understand tools required for the job and the purpose of the tools.
- Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with coworkers and including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- Works out of town, on weekends and works overtime as needed.
- Keeps a flexible schedule and is able to travel (up to 50% of the time).
- Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Signals or verbally directs workers engaged in hoisting and moving loads, in order to ensure safety.
- Reads and creates drawings and lifting plans.
- Completed necessary paperwork on a daily basis.
- Uses basic and advanced rigging techniques.
- Dismantles and stores rigging equipment after use.
- When released by foreman or at the end of the day, checks with Dispatch for more duties.
- Uses job appropriate PPE.
- Works onsite at customer locations, as needed
- Respectfully takes direction from supervisor.
- Performs all duties to best of ability, faithfully, intellectually, safely in the best interest of the company.