Hillsboro, OR USA
The Millwright Superintendent position is a person who performs the duties of a job site specific manager overseeing Millwright Industrial Services. This position will report directly to the Millwright Industrial Manager. This position has responsibility for planning, leading, organizing, and controlling all work activity at an assigned job site. The position is responsible for safe, profitable, and efficient day to day operations of the assigned job site, The position is responsible for safe, profitable, and efficient day to day operations of the assigned job site, and directly accountable to the Millwright Industrial Manager. The overreaching expectation of this position is for the person to be actively participating in the field. Fully representing management positions leading in all aspects of successful efficient supervision of Omega Morgan’s job assignments. This person will have good problem-solving abilities relative to Structural, Mechanical, and Civil type work details.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises Foreman, leadman, craft laborers, and apprentices guiding this vital resource in an effective manner for a successful project conclusion. Determines work priorities and coordinates work activities, assigns work among employees according to abilities or specialized training.
- Meets with customers and owners, conducts job discovery walks, and discusses problem-solving solutions and constructability issues when required.
- Communicates with Management daily or as required to promote an effective team building environment. Collaborates with management to build a successful team at all job assignments.
- Presents all required documents, timecards, inspection reports, bills of lading, QC articles, “as-built” drawings as efficiently as possible. Assumes the role of a PM on smaller jobs without an assigned PM.
- Assists the PM by Planning the day to day activities and all required resources. Verifies the efficient use of all job-specific resources.
- Organizes scheduled meetings reviews all required project documents and demonstrates an understanding of purchase orders, contracts, specifications, blueprints. Effectively communicates with Project Managers, Project Engineers promoting teamwork, and efficient job flow. Deals with any individuals, owners, customers, subcontractors, agencies, for information and services or additional resource needs.
- Controls the progress of the work within agreed timelines and schedule demands. Assists in setting schedules, scheduling the jobs, and oversight of daily operations at the job site. Estimates the material, resources, and labor for specific jobs.
- Demonstrates strong Leadership characteristics. Is primarily present at job sites.
- Actively participates in QC, Safety audits, and information dissemination from the Safety team.
- Mentors and recommends specific job training opportunities. Ensures all employees are site-specific safety trained. Promotes team spirit and resolves conflicts. Ensures that all company policies are met.
- A desire for long term Growth potential within Omega Morgan Structure.
Required Experience and/or Education
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Valid Class C driver’s license or better.
- Manlift training
- Fall protection training
- Confined Space training
- First Aid, CPR, AED training
- General computer skills required.
- Ability to pass generic ergonomics tests commensurate to construction trades.
- Available for work and will answer calls, 24-7-365, no excuses. Pre-arrange leaves of absence will be expected.
- Eight years’ experience in Mechanical trades in Maintenance and Construction Industry
- Two years of employment as a foreman overseeing millwright services or equivalent supervisory experience, with 2 years’ experience at the Superintendent level.
- Completion of the National UBC Superintendents training recommended.
- Completion of State-sponsored Millwright apprenticeship program or equivalent.
- Recognized Accredited Vocational or Technical training with a degree.
- College credits with completion of Associates or bachelor’s degree in Mechanical sciences or engineering.
- Experience and training in welding technologies and Metallurgy.
- Experience and training in Hydraulics technology.
- Experience or basic training in Machine shop theory or demonstrated machinist employment.
- Laser alignment training.
- Certified Riggers Training. Rigging and Heavy lift training or experience and supervision
- Crane training
- Boaters certificate
- OSHA 10 or better or equivalent, or MSHA 46, or C-Stop training.
- Experience with CAD and basic design. Ability to generate original drawings with all details required for accuracy.
- Knowledge of basic electrical theory
- Knowledge of basic Civil, concrete, and carpentry