Mechanic (Swing Shift)
Hillsboro, OR USA
As a swing shift mechanic, you will be working under limited supervision and will perform work of considerable difficulty in the repair and maintenance of vehicles and equipment. You will also perform related work as assigned.
This position is full time. 2:00 P.M. to 10:30 P.M.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/ other duties as assigned…
- Know how to operate specific mechanical systems including electronics, hydraulics, and air brakes.
- Running diagnostics.
- Regular inspections and scheduled maintenance.
- Complete any repairs that are needed such, as repairing worn-out machine parts, etc.
- Daily logs.
- Removes unsafe equipment from facility operating area and notifies supervisor.
- Maintains repair log.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS…
- 3+ years experience.
- Must own their own tools.
- Experience working with air brakes, electrical, fuel systems and hydraulics.
- Must be qualified to perform a DOT inspection on trucks and trailers.
- Ability to use hand and power tools to repair trucks and trailers.
- Ability to read repair manuals.
- Valid drivers license.
- Excellent mechanical repair skills.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to operate a computer.
INTERESTED? FEEL FREE TO FILL OUT THE APPLICATION BELOW.