Hillsboro, OR USA
We are currently recruiting for a skilled Manual Machinist to join our company. This person will perform machining operations using good technical knowledge and great manual dexterity. This person must be able to read prints and drawings, performs machining processes for repair and custom fabrication projects, and be able to produce high-quality work efficiently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read blueprints and manuals to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpieces
- Assist in disassembly and reassembly of mechanical machinery, motors, gear reducers.
- Ability to work shift work and additional locations when needed.
- Lays out materials and/or builds up worn components for machining processes
- Sets up and performs machining operations on conventional lathes, mills, boring machines, and cylinder repair equipment
- Verifies conformance of finished work to specifications
- Modify new and used equipment as directed
- May fit and assemble parts into a component assembly
- May test proper operation of assembled systems and components
- Write service reports that accurately document activities
- Prepare required documentation including work orders, parts lists, and time cards in an accurate and timely manner to enable other employees to do their job in a timely manner
- Maintain a safe working environment and observe all safety procedures, laws, policies, and rules.
- Communicate with internal and external customers in a manner that promotes a positive relationship.
- Take measurements and mark material for cutting or shaping
- Select appropriate machines (e.g. lathes) and position or load material for a job
- Determine and program size of batches, speed of the machine, etc.
- Monitor machine while working to adjust the feed, maintain temperature, and identify issues
- Perform routine machine maintenance and repair minor damages
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND/OR EDUCATION…
- Experience in using and/or setting up manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines (lathes, grinders, horizontal boring mill. Bridgeport type, etc.)
- Ability to use precision tools (e.g. micrometers, calipers) to take accurate precision measurements
- Ability to operate and maintain general machine shop power tools and milling equipment.
- Knowledge of the properties of metals, and alloys, and other materials
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and manuals
- Good at math with analytical abilities
- Physical stamina and strength to lift heavy items
- High school diploma or equivalent; completion of vocational training or an apprenticeship will be an asset