Pay Range: $27-30 per hour DOE
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES other duties as assigned…
- Aligns levels and anchors machinery.
- Attaches loads to rigging to provide support or prepare them for moving by using hand and power tools.
- Obtains necessary training and safety certifications to complete tasks.
- Attends rigging class as required.
- Works closely with the Foreman and crews to learn the process of moving machinery and items of size and weight.
- Attach pulleys and blocks to fixed overhead structures such as beams, ceilings, and gin pole booms, using bolts and clamps.
- Control movement of heavy equipment through narrow openings or confined spaces, using chain falls, gin poles, gallows frames, and other equipment.
- Manipulates rigging lines, hoists and pulling gear to move or support materials such as heavy equipment.
- Obtains knowledge of equipment uses and follows procedures (IE procedure for equipment placement on trailers for loading and off-loading; equipment tie down procedures)
- Learns and understand tools required for the job and the purpose of the tools.
- Dismantles and stores rigging equipment after use.
- Uses job appropriate PPE.
- Signals or verbally directs workers engaged in hoisting and moving loads, in order to ensure safety.
- Reads and creates drawings and lifting plans.
- Uses basic and advanced rigging techniques.
- Works onsite at customer locations, as needed
- When released by foreman or at the end of the day, checks with Dispatch for more duties.
- Completed necessary paperwork on a daily basis.
- Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with coworkers and including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- May drive non-DOT regulated vehicles and heavy equipment, (pickups, forklifts, etc.)
- May work out of town, on weekends and works overtime as needed. Keeps a flexible schedule and is able to travel.
- Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Respectfully takes direction from supervisor.
- Performs all duties to best of ability, faithfully, intellectually, safely in the best interest of the company.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Basic mechanical skills preferred.