Hillsboro, OR USA
The Field Safety Representative promotes the Omega Morgan culture by ensuring every co-worker returns home safely every night. This position is expected to spend 95% of the time in the field observing and coaching co-workers on the correction of unsafe conditions and behaviors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate with all levels of management and employees.
- Maintain a tracking system for all EHS required deliverables and indicators.
- Ensure hours and incidents for all trades are added to the incident management database.
- Schedule and attend all incident reviews and take minutes/complete incident investigation forms; add information from the incident form to data tracker and follow-up with action items until closure.
- Enter all incidents/injuries into the incident management database
- Provide awareness or other training as required (e.g., OSHA 10, F5, Scaffolding, etc)
- Coordinate ordering and managing Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) with Safety Director.
- Ensures a Safe Work Environment
- Assists in Project Compliance with all Safety Rules and Regulations
- Daily safety audits and inspections
- Complete accident reports and conduct accident investigations
- Oversee all aspects of the project’s install ensuring OSHA compliance
- Physically able to climb to elevated platforms, stoop and crawl into confined spaces and work in heavy industrial situations.
Required Experience and/or Education…
- Bachelors or Associate degree, from a recognized college or university, preferably with a major in occupational safety or a closely related field.
- Experience in a Construction Environment.
- Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for up to two years of the required education on a year-for-year basis.