Hillsboro, OR USA
Responsible for the administration, coordination, implementation, execution, and cost control of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments, and goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Basic contract negotiations for specific jobs.
- Wright Plan work order startup and job administration.
- Administer the department’s active job lists.
- Participate in the department’s monthly financial review.
- Review job status and provide cost/revenue projections for jobs.
- Administer the department’s time entry process. At times will do time entry.
- Administer the department’s labor rates and keep estimating and tracking sheets current.
- Help facilitate new hire paperwork and department onboarding.
- Request union dispatches for new hires.
- Perform job searches to look for jobs to bid.
- Attend job walks and meet clients to view projects prior to quote.
- Perform cost estimates for bid.
- Write up quotes for projects.
- Owner information is not always complete. It’s sometimes necessary to provide concepts or recommendations to the Owner as part of the proposals.
- Request for Proposal preparation is sometimes required.
- Basic scheduling is sometimes required.
- Order project materials, write PO’s
- Coordinate professional engineering, if required.
- Facilitate customer and vendor setups.
- Coordinate materials, crew, and equipment for project startup
- Introduce project Foremen to their job.
- Keep tabs on project cost & schedule.
- Document and record any project change orders, or scope changes.
- Provide time and material job summaries to Owners.
- Job invoicing and progress invoice tracking.
- Project closeout.
Required Experience and/or Education
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- 4-year degree in Business Management or equivalent and tangible work experience in project management and estimating
- Experience in project management and project estimating
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- Knowledge of construction management processes, means, and methods
- Direct work experience in a project management capacity
- Proven experience in people management
- Proven experience in strategic planning
- Proven experience in risk management
- Proven experience in change management
- Proficient in project management software (Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint)