Omega Morgan is seeking a full-time Diesel-Truck Mechanic to join our team. In this position, you will help with all Mechanic duties on and off the yard. You will work with a variety of an automobile such as Semi-Truck and regular size trucks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/ other duties as assigned…
- Performs inspections and preventive maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
- Diagnoses, rebuilds, and repairs vehicles and equipment.
- Prepares and maintains records and reports.
- May act as a lead person in the supervisor’s absence.
- Paint and bodywork.
- Mechanical design and fabrication.
- Electrical systems, including computerized induction/ignition systems.
- Operation of vehicles and equipment for diagnostic purposes.
- Diagnose problems and make repairs in the field.
- Operates assorted hand tools and diagnostic equipment.
- Operates assorted power and hand tools and performs mechanical work in the shop area.
- Uses job-appropriate PPE.
- Maintains punctual, regular, and predictable attendance.
- Work varying shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with coworkers and including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- Respectfully takes direction from Supervisor.