Fife, WA US
Omega Morgan is seeking a full-time Diesel-Truck Mechanic to join our team. This is a great opportunity for anyone in the Union or wanting to join the Union. In this position, you will help with all Mechanic duties on and off the yard. You will work with a variety of an automobile such as Semi-Truck and regular size trucks. This is going to be an entry-level position from 2 PM-10:30 PM M-F
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/ other duties as assigned…
- Performs inspections and preventive maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
- Diagnoses, rebuilds, and repairs vehicles and equipment.
- Prepares and maintains records and reports.
- May act as a lead person in the supervisor’s absence.
- Paint and bodywork.
- Mechanical design and fabrication.
- Electrical systems, including computerized induction/ignition systems.
- Operation of vehicles and equipment for diagnostic purposes.
- Diagnose problems and make repairs in the field.
- Operates assorted hand tools and diagnostic equipment.
- Operates assorted power and hand tools and performs mechanical work in the shop area.
- Uses job-appropriate PPE.
- Maintains punctual, regular, and predictable attendance.
- Work varying shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with coworkers and including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- Respectfully takes direction from Supervisor.