Fife, WA, US
Omega Morgan is a 30-year-old, renowned multidiscipline rigging, transportation, logistics, and construction company with the head office in the Pacific Northwest and operations throughout North America. The company is seeking a dynamic and self-motivated Millwright Superintendent/ Sales Rockstar to lead business growth in the Puget Sound area of Washington.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for Sales, client interaction, job walks, preparing estimates, quotations etc.
· Oversees supervises and performs the daily construction activities at a work site.
· Responsible for safety, scope, budget, and schedule and the overall progress of the project, as well as the scheduling of workers and the delivery of equipment and materials.
· Works with contractors to complete the project within the given budget and time frame.
· Resolves contract disputes and arranges any necessary order changes.
· Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
· Leads and directs the work of Millwrights.
· Company vehicle provided for travel.
· Read blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures. Dismantle machinery or equipment, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools.
· Moves machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, skates, and trucks.
· Assembles and installs equipment, such as shafting, conveyors, and rails, using hand tools and power tools.
· Constructs foundation for machines, using hand tools and building materials, such as wood cement, and steel.
· Aligns machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, lasers, and plumb bobs.
· Assembles machinery and bolts, welds, rivets, or otherwise fastens them to the foundation or other structures, using hand tools and power tools.
· May operate engine lathe or milling machine to grind, file, and turn machine parts to dimensional specifications.
· Required repair and lubricate machinery and equipment.
· Selects cables, ropes, chains, pulleys, winches, blocks, and sheaves, according to weight and size of load to be moved.
· Attaches load with grappling devices, such as loops, wires, ropes, and chains, to crane hook.
· Sets up, braces, and rigs hoisting equipment, using hand tools and power wrenches.
· May direct workers engaged in hoisting of machinery and equipment.
Required Experience and/or Education
· High School diploma or equivalent
· OSHA 10 certification (Preferred)
· 3-5 Years’ experience as a Millwright
· 5 Years of Blueprint reading
· Look at flat drawings or pictures and visualize how they would look as solid objects.
· Work at heights without fear.
· Plan work and solve problems.