Fife, WA USA
This role is responsible for supporting the continuing growth of the Omega Morgan Washington crane division. As a lead member for the operations department, the person in this role will tackle the details to ensure crane jobs are planned, launched, executed, and generally managed safely and efficiently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with the Omega Morgan Operations, Sales, and Client teams to safely provide crane services and support for crane operations in the Seattle, Tacoma, and general Washington State markets.
- Manage crane operations crews.
- Works closely with Operations, Sales, and Clients to ensure proper crane assignment per job requirements.
- Undertake job walks and job planning and layout meetings.
- Assist sales teams in quoting work.
- Works closely with the dispatch communication processes, procedures, assets, and people to get them to the right place at the right time.
- Undertake training and assessments as required.
- Coordinate last-minute changes to jobs.
- Adhere to corporate and departmental policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as required.
Required Experience and/or Education…
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Five plus years crane and rigging experience.
- Five plus years as a foreman, supervisor, or superintendent.
- Extensive experience in mobile crane transport, rig up/down, and operations.
- Safety conscious and aware. Maintain a sufficient knowledge of safety and accident prevention codes and regulations and related industry governmental guidelines.
- Thorough understanding of rigging methods and theory.
- Good computer skills – Outlook an advantage.
- Able to manage highly technical union employees, effectively, sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally. Understanding of IUOE union contract an advantage.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Flexible, able to deal with change.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Very organized, with excellent multi-tasking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service/communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.