Hillsboro, OR, US
The Heavy haul driver will operate the multi-axle and combination trailers and heavy spec trucks as directed by dispatch, also they will be required to load, unload, tie-down all required freight as needed, read permits and understand over-dimensional laws and routes.
- Plan, organize all loads and trips to maximize time and resources.
- Work in cooperation with Operations and dispatch a team to ensure customer satisfaction each and every time
- Effectively communicate with dispatch on a regular basis.
- Manage risk and liability from the field and communicate any issues back to the operations team.
- Drives up to ten hours a day, in compliance with all federal, state and local laws, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains vehicles and equipment and reports on the machinery.
- Conducts pre and post-trip checks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Well-versed in rigging but still willing to learn things not in expertise. Secures cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, chain, binders, or other equipment
- Clean yard, pick up equipment/tools without being told by dispatch or Senior Mgmt.
- Maneuvers truck into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment, are properly positioned
- Interacts with customers in a pleasant and friendly manner
- Responds to customer complaints and issues in a calm and professional manner
- Abides by all DOT regulations, including hours of service
- Able to operate heavy oversized loads safely through various types of terrain.
- Operates and at all times and under all types of conditions drives vehicle in a risk aversive manner
- Must look at every job to Maximize profit yet minimize risk simultaneously.
- Know and enforce the safety policy and set an example at all times.
- Accurately documents all mileage and service hours in a driver’s daily log
- Ensure cleanliness by inspecting prior to loading and once unloaded
- Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Adhere to all company policies
- Mentor other drivers.
- Other duties as assigned Requirements
- 3 years of prior Heavy haul experience required
- A valid Washington or Oregon Class A CDL
- Current DOT Medical Card
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Undergraduate degree preferred but not required
- LCV card, doubles, and triples endorsement
- Familiarity with DOT Federal and State regulations on oversize transportation,
- Ability to read and process permits and paperwork
- Able to tie equipment down per the DOT requirements.
- Available to work 20 hours a week with overtime and travel when necessary
- Prompt and reliable with excellent organization skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks and anticipate issues that need attention.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and follow up with little direction.
- Work under moderate supervision with latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Pass a drug test, background check, road test, driving record review, and physical assessment
- Must be able to travel 50% of the time, for up to three months at a time.
- The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties that may be required for this position.
- Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this or similar positions and additional duties may be assigned.
Interested? Feel free to fill out the application below.